Well we did not win but we are still proud that our Honey Basil Chocolates where finalists for the Good Food Awards 2013. We make them honey and herbs from Carriage House Farm and cream from Snowville Creamery. We are happy that our business practices meet the strong criteria to be a finalist and we will try again next year! Find out more about the Awards here.
Good for Everything!Hand crafted with fair trade chocolate, local ingredients and earth friendly packaging.
Thank you City Beat Staff! Here is what they had to say about us in the best of the city issue:
BEST HANDCRAFTED CHOCOLATES:
OK, eating too many sweets is never a good thing, but you can always feel good supporting Chocolats Latour. Shalini Latour makes fair trade treats using local ingredients and earth-friendly packaging. Plus, cocoa is an antioxidant, so they’re good for your heart! And these aren’t your typical chocolate-covered cherries. Flavors change seasonally, but a few unique examples are pink grapefruit and mint, ancho chile, smoked salt and almonds, orange tarragon caramel and Wild Turkey. Available at various Cincinnati businesses, including Findlay Market on Saturdays. 513-591-0085, chocolatslatour.com.
See the full list of staff picks here
We are happy to let you know that you can procure your chocolate fix in new locations:
- Jungle Jim’s the original and the new eastgate locationcarries our bars in the chocolate section of the international department
- Dilly Deli in Mariemont now carries our chocolate bars
- Donna’s Gourmets Cookies in Montgomery carries our bars and some seasonal items
- Joseph Beth Cincinnati is now stocked with chocolate bars
- College Hill Coffee Company has our seasonal offerings and chocolate bars
- Keegan’s Seafood Market on the East side of town (Cincinnati) has chcolate bars and sometimes salted caramels.
- Celebrate Local Ohioat Easton Town Center In Columbus has chocolate bars
See the article by Polly Campbell about Shalini’s Valentine chocolate in February 10th Cincinnati Enquire.